Robert Paredes is an associate at Tesser | Grossman LLP where he specializes in entertainment, intellectual property, business, and real estate litigation. Robert collaborates with the Tesser | Grossman team and clients in the business, music, motion picture, television, sports, internet, digital media, and publishing industries to obtain results that often exceed expectations.
Robert handles all phases of litigation involving breach of contract, fraud, royalty disputes, profit participation, idea theft/implied employment contracts, licensing disputes, defamation actions, and trademark and copyright infringement. Robert’s experience includes successfully arguing Motions for Summary Judgment, as well as bench and jury trials, as well as the preparation of entertainment agreements including director, talent, writer, band partnership, and distribution agreements.
- Obtained a seven-figure settlement for a composer/licensor of music against Fox Sports entities for failure to pay royalties.
- Obtained a high six-figure settlement for co-producers of a popular reality-television series in a breach of a shopping agreement action.
- Obtained a six-figure settlement for popular musician against former band members and former manager in a breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty action.
- Successfully defended and negotiated the settlement of a breach of producer agreement action against a high-profile singer and entertainer.
- Negotiated the Exclusive Distribution Agreement between an international recording artist and distributor Create Music Group, Inc.
- Successfully defended a copyright and trademark infringement claim against a widely visited aggregator of viral videos.