Bethany Burrill is a talented civil litigator at both the trial and appellate levels. She takes a strategic approach to litigation with an eye toward creative solutions. Her practice focuses on complex business and commercial disputes, employment law, claims involving discrimination and real estate-related litigation. Bethany is known for her thorough and tenacious approach to her cases and the successful results that she achieves for her clients. She places great value on building a personal rapport with her clients. Bethany is an effective advocate who makes a personal investment in each of her cases to deliver the best results possible for her clients.
In her free time, Bethany enjoys waterskiing, horseback riding, off-roading and ballroom dancing. Before starting her legal career, she was a competitive dressage rider and horse trainer for nearly two decades and won the California State Championships and achieved National High Point in her division on several occasions. Bethany never steps down from a challenge in either her personal or professional life. She aims high and thrives in the face of competition.
- Represented plaintiffs in a business dispute involving quantum merit claims, resulting in a $1,300,000 settlement for the clients.
- Successfully defended the defendant in a three-week bench trial, in which the court found no liability on a $1.6 million construction dispute, and found her client to be the lawful owner of a disputed interest in a valuable piece of real estate.
- Defended an international food manufacturer in an $80 million complex Judicial Council Coordinated Proceeding, resulting in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Successfully defended the largest nationwide mortgage servicer in a wrongful foreclosure and quiet title action involving fraudulent reconveyances and transfers; obtained a substantial cash settlement for her client despite the existence of over $1 million dollars of exposure.
- Successfully defended an international food supplier against a complex commercial class action in federal court, resulting in a favorable judgment.
- Defended a large television network in a multimillion-dollar business and commercial dispute, resulting in a judgment in favor of the client.
- Successfully investigated, uncovered and defeated fraudulent claims, totaling in excess of $1 million, asserted against her clients.
- Successfully represented plaintiff in a disability discrimination case against international employer resulting in a favorable settlement for her client.
- Mediated over 100 cases as a certified mediator.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
Other Areas of Practices
- Contract Disputes
- Discrimination Claims
- Unfair Trade Practices
- Mortgage Law
- Consumer Finance Law