Brandon is a highly experienced litigation attorney. Over the last 25 years, he has successfully handled a wide variety of legal disputes including numerous trials and arbitrations. His current practice focuses on the litigation of entertainment, business and employment disputes. He has particular expertise representing clients in profit participation and royalty disputes and idea theft cases for film and television. He also has substantial experience representing clients in contentious “business divorce” cases involving competing interests within closely held companies. As a testament to his reputation in the legal community, Brandon is frequently engaged by other lawyers to represent them in litigation matters.
Although Brandon has practiced in Los Angeles for his entire career, he has litigated cases in courtrooms throughout California, in various other states and has even represented clients in international arbitration in Geneva, Switzerland. Brandon’s clients have included individuals, small, medium and large businesses and numerous celebrities.
Brandon lives in Calabasas with his wife and two sons. He is an avid surfer and has surfed throughout California, Baja California, Central America, the South Pacific and Indonesia. In his spare time, he also enjoys skiing, scuba diving, and trail running.
- Currently representing producer of “The Wolf of Wall Street” in a profit participation dispute against Paramount;
- Represented producers of the motion picture “Van Wilder” in profit participation dispute against Lionsgate;
- Successfully prosecuted “idea submission” claims on behalf of screenwriter against a studio executive resulting in a seven-figure settlement after defeating the executive’s motion for summary judgment;
- Represented prominent entertainment management and production company in resolution of sensitive partnership dispute, resulting in confidential settlement which included buyout of partner’s interests;
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of The Weinstein Company and the producers of the Stephen King “Children of the Corn” television franchise, against producer’s claim for passive compensation;
- Represented owner of cannabis dispensary in multi-million-dollar sale transaction to third-party following a year of litigation with the seller;
- Obtained a $1.2 million verdict in an action for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and civil conspiracy on behalf of a minority shareholder against the officers and directors of a closely held corporation. The verdict included an award of punitive damages against the officers/directors;
- Successfully represented video game developer against media company in claims for breach of contract resulting in a $895,000 settlement;
- Obtained a defense verdict at trial on behalf of his client, a food supplier to Korean Airlines in an employment action.
- Awarded Best Lawyers 2022
- In 2016, 2017 and 2018 Brandon was named to the list of the “Top 100” Super Lawyers in Southern California. From 2004 to the present, Brandon has been consistently recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by Los Angeles Magazine / Law + Politics, an award given to the top 2.5% of attorneys within Southern California. Martindale-Hubbell rates Brandon as “AV Preeminent,” its highest ranking for professionalism and ethics.
Other Area of Practices
- Intellectual Property Litigation