Brandon Tesser is a partner with the law firm of Tesser | Grossman LLP in Los Angeles, California. Brandon's practice focuses on the litigation of entertainment, business and employment disputes. He is known for his strategic litigation approach and calm, clear and direct manner with clients, judges, jurors and opposing counsel. He has a reputation as a creative problem-solver and has successfully litigated and resolved many difficult cases. Brandon's clients include many well-known actors, producers, celebrities, musicians and athletes.
- In April 2013, Brandon settled an escalator entrapment case for $1,000,000.
- Brandon has successfully represented profit participants in royalty disputes against major motion picture studios.
- Received a $604,000 arbitration award on behalf of the producers of a motion picture in connection with a dispute with the films's distributor.
- Obtained a $1.2 million verdict in an action for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and civil conspiracy on behalf of a minority shareholder against the officers and directors of a closely held corporation. The verdict included punitive damages against the officers/directors.
- Successfully represented television personality Carnie Wilson in a lawsuit for breach of contract against the Game Show Network.
- Represented Academy Award winning actor Joe Pesci in his dispute with the producers of the Gotti motion picture.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of his clients, The Weinstein Company and the producers of the "Children of the Corn" franchise, against a producer's claim for passive compensation from the latest sequel in that franchise.
- Represented the defendant and cross-complainant in an entertainment dispute in which he obtained summary judgment on behalf of his client and later negotiated a favorable settlement wherein the plaintiff paid a six-figure sum to Brandon's client.
- Received a $765,000 after trial in connection with a real estate fraud case. The verdict included an award of punitive damages.
- Obtained a defense verdict at trial on behalf of his client, an airline food supplier, in connection with an employee's claims for overtime wages.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Entertainment Litigation
- California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1994
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1993
- University of California, Santa Barbara, California
- B.A. - 1990
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- Named a “Rising Star” by the California Super Lawyers publication for two consecutive years
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Fee Arbitrator
Past Employment Positions
- The Honorable Lisa Hill Fenning (USBC), Judicial Extern
- The Honorable Volney V. Brown (USDC), Judicial Extern