Our Attorneys Have A High Success Rate On Appeals
Was your right to trial taken away? Did you lose your case and need to go up to the reviewing court on appeal? The attorneys at Tesser | Grossman LLP have a high success rate on appeals. Experience has shown us the best ways to analyze appellate cases and proceed.
Over the last 20 years, our attorneys have established relationships in the courts system and learned how to maneuver to help our clients. We know how to present cases for appeals and place our clients and their cases in the best light possible. We will make every effort to win your appeal.
Our office is located on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles. Call us for a free initial consultation on your appellate case at 310-694-5424.
Will My Case Qualify For An Appeal?
Most often, the higher court reviewing the appeal will look at two things to determine if the appeal should be granted:
It’ll determine if the initial court that tried your case made a legal mistake.
- Did that mistake in your case alter the outcome or judgment?
These cases can be difficult to win, but our attorneys have won many appeals.
Deadlines For Applying In Appeals
Strict deadlines are in place for people seeking to appeal their cases, so it’s important to seek legal counsel right away. Otherwise, you may lose the opportunity to appeal your case.
According to the California courts, two important monetary distinctions apply in civil appellate cases:
- Cases involving less than or equal to $25,000 in judgments —
- You have 30 days once you receive notification of the judgment being entered.
- You have 90 days to file for an appeal once the judgment has been entered.
- Cases with judgments involving over $25,000 —
- You have either 60 days to file an appeal after the date the other party has filed court documents on your case, or
- You have 180 days to appeal the decision once the judgment has been entered.
In any of these cases, time is of the essence so you don’t lose the opportunity to have your case reviewed.
Hire Proven Appeals Attorneys
When you’re looking for a lawyer to appeal your case, you’re making one of the biggest decisions of your life. You want to work with a firm that has a proven record of results. Tell us about your legal needs or call us at 310-694-5424. We offer a free, confidential consultation to discuss your appeals case.