Gina Simas is a civil litigator with more than 15 years of complex litigation experience representing plaintiffs and defendants across a variety of industries and practice areas. Gina focuses on commercial, entertainment, business torts, insurance, real estate, intellectual property, trade secrets, and class action disputes.
Gina was born in Stockton, California. She attended the University of California, San Diego, where she graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa. In 1999, Gina graduated from the University of California at Los Angeles School of Law. In 2015, Gina received her Master’s in Spiritual Psychology from the University of Santa Monica. This education of “the heart and soul” provides Gina with skills sometimes rare to lawyers. She prides herself on being empathetic, a strong communicator and truly understanding of her clients’ needs, which often extend beyond legal solutions.
During her career, Gina has established herself as a trial lawyer with a proven track record in high stakes cases. She has represented studios, talent, insurance companies, businesses, film financiers, entrepreneurs, employers and production companies in a variety of types of litigation in both state and federal courts.
In her free time, Gina enjoys working out, attending concerts, traveling, and watching movies. Before starting her legal career, Gina was a competitive gymnast for more than a decade where she spent time training with Bela Karolyi and won the California State Championships. This love for competition, determination, and work ethic helped shape her into the lawyer she is today.
- Defended Dannon Company, manufacturer of probiotic yogurt products, in nationwide false advertising consumer class actions resulting in a very favorable settlement
- Managed a complex CERCLA action involving remediation liability and obligations imposed on our client relating to the alleged release of hazardous substances
- Filed and defended several appeals and writs with success in State Appellate Courts
- Represented various songwriters, designers, actors in copyright infringement, trademark and trade dress infringement actions
- Represented a prominent law firm in a wrongful termination action filed by a former attorney and had the matter dismissed on summary judgment
- Defended nationwide class-action lawsuit alleging that WBC Group, LLC violated the Junk Fax Prevention Act and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Defended CVB Financial Corporation in a securities class action resulting in a favorable settlement
- Represented AIG with respect to coverage advice on television writers’ class action age discrimination cases
- Represented lawyers in the defense of individual malpractice claims arising out of underlying litigation and transactional matters
- Acted as counsel for Employers Reinsurance Company in insurance coverage litigation arising out of MP3 illegal downloading of music
- Advocated for Employers Reinsurance Company in insurance coverage litigation arising out of a copyright class action against Disney/ABC for unauthorized use of music on daytime television shows
- Represented plaintiffs in a jury trial involving a real estate dispute wherein plaintiffs were awarded a large verdict
- Selected for and graduate of the Marian Bergeson Excellence in Public Service Series
- Chosen and attended an advanced Legal Academy for training in Constitutional Law in 2013 (Laguna, CA) and in 2012 (Naples, Florida)
- Appointed and attended a National Political Convention in 2012 as an alternate delegate
- Southern California Rising Star Super Lawyer, Law & Politics and Los Angeles magazines, 2006, 2007 & 2008