- Of Counsel
Mr. O'Brien is an experienced litigator and trial attorney specializing in complex business and real estate litigation and appeals. He has represented clients in litigation involving contract and partnership disputes, unfair business practices, sexual harassment and wrongful termination, insurance bad faith, and real estate disputes. He also has represented condominium associations regarding provisions in CC&Rs and bylaws, amendments to governing documents, and associations' and directors' fiduciary obligations.
Mr. O'Brien is admitted to practice before all courts of the State of California, the U.S. District Courts in California, the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
In an unfair competition trial in federal court, Mr. O'Brien and co-counsel obtained a $5.9 million jury verdict, which the Court of Appeals affirmed.
Mark O'Brien was born in Philadelphia. In his free time, Mr. O'Brien enjoys offshore fishing, hiking and rock climbing.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Disputes
- Employment Law
- Real Estate
- Condominium Law
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Bryant v. Town & Country HOA (2nd Dist. 2006) 2006 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 5049
- Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp. v. Okamoto Freighters, et al. (2001) 259 F.3d 1086
- California Riviera Homeowners Association v. Superior Court (1996) 48 Cal.App.4th 1886
- Gross v. Adams (2nd Dist. 2007) 2007 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 1370
- Garcia v. Santana (2nd Dist 2009) 174 Cal. App. 4th 464