Bethany Burrill is a talented civil litigator at both the trial and appellate levels. She takes a strategic approach to litigation with an eye toward creative solutions. Her practice focuses on complex business and commercial disputes, real estate-related litigation and employment law. Bethany is known for her thorough and tenacious approach to her cases and the successful results that she achieves for her clients as a result. She is client-service oriented and places great value on building a personal rapport with her clients. Bethany is an effective advocate who makes a personal investment in each of her cases to deliver the best results possible for her clients.
In her free time, Bethany enjoys waterskiing, horseback riding, off-roading and ballroom dancing. Before starting her legal career, she was a competitive dressage rider and horse trainer for nearly two decades and won the California State Championships and achieved National High Point in her division on several occasions. Bethany never steps down from a challenge in either her personal or professional life. She aims high and thrives in the face of competition.
- Represented plaintiffs in a business dispute involving quantum merit claims, resulting in a $1,300,000 settlement for the clients.
- Defended an international food manufacturer in an $80 million complex Judicial Council Coordinated Proceeding, resulting in a very favorable settlement for the client.
- Successfully defended the largest nationwide mortgage servicer in wrongful foreclosure and quiet title action involving fraudulent reconveyances and transfers; obtained a substantial cash settlement for her client despite the existence of over $1 million dollars of exposure to the client.
- Successfully defended an international food supplier against a complex commercial class action in federal court, resulting in a judgment in favor of the client.
- Defended a large television network in a multi-million-dollar business and commercial dispute, resulting in a judgment in favor of the client.
- Obtained substantial settlements and dismissals in favor of her clients after conducting successful depositions.
- Mediated over 100 cases as a certified mediator.
Areas Of Practice
- Contract Disputes
- Business and Commercial litigation
- Employment Law
- Real Estate
- Mortgage Law
- Consumer Finance Law
- California, 2013
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: Moot Court
- Concordia University, Irvine
- M.A. - 2009
- Major: International Business
- University of California, Irvine
- B.A. - 2008
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Golden Key National Honor Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Houser & Allison, APC
- LTL Attorneys, LLP